The Zumbro River Fiber Arts Guild have created and donated over 5000 knit or crochet caps to cancer patients in need since 2003. All the chemo caps were donated to the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. Starting in 2022 we have changed our focus to include many other needy places that can use items that are either knitted or quilted. Some of the institutions include:
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center
- Hope Lodge
- Crisis Nursery
- Cronin House
- Rem House
- Rochester Health- East and West
- Festival of the Trees
- Hayfield Lutheran Missions
- Olmsted Medical Center
- Boys and Girls Club
Below are website links for free knitted chemo hat patterns.
- Knitting for Charity – 20 Free Hat Patterns
- Lion Brand Wool Chemo Hat Pattern
- Chemo Cap from Yarnspirations
- All Free Knitting Ridged Ringed Chemo Hat
- BoPeep Bonnets Free Chemo Hat Patterns
The 2022 Festival of Trees gala is behind us, but it’s fun to look back and see all the work that was put into this tree. Members were asked to make an ornament or two that would show-case the technique they enjoy the most. Take a look!
Chemo Cap Donation
Donations are used to purchase yarn for the Chemo Cap project. You can increase the amount of your contribution by purchasing more than one donation.
To contact us: